Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WIP Wednesday 5/14

I don't have a whole lot to show this week but I have been busy working on this Squirrel wall hanging.  It's a Cynthia England design.  I pulled out the center pieces so I could see what his head looked like so far.  I am not sure I like one of the fabrics near his nose so I plan on ordering some fabric markers to darken it up a bit.  And of course, it needs the hand embroidery in the face before it will really start to take shape.  But overall, I pretty happy with it so far.







I am still working on my Jamestown Landing quilt.  I am half way through the 840 HST's.  I am using them as leaders and enders for my wall hanging.  You can read more on leaders and enders on Bonnie Hunter's blog or in her book Adventures with Leaders & Enders: Make More Quilts in Less Time!  It's a great book.  




I also wanted to share a special bonus for my readers today!  If you follow my blog or visited during giveaway week I gave away a Quilt Halo.  So many readers loved it but didn't want to spend the money to try it out.  During the week I emailed Christy at Purple Daisies and asked her if she had a coupon I could give to you when I annouced my winner so those of you who wanted could try it out could at a reduced price.  Unfortunately she was super busy getting ready for Quilt Market so she just got back to me yesterday.  Understandable right?  

But she did give me a coupon!  For 15% off any order use the code, INSPIRING.  Pretty awesome!  She was super nice in her email and very apologetic about missing my giveaway.  I have shopped at her shop before and was very pleased with my purchase.  I buy applique foundation from them that I use for all my hand applique.  Its great for the glue stick method.  I am working up a tutorial on that as we speak.  They are not a sponsor of my blog and I am not getting compensated for this post I just really like them.  Christy's mom is Sharon Schamber who developed the quilt halo and many  more quilting techniques and tools.  You can find the Quilt Halo here.

I hope everyone else is having a great week.  I am off to see my son perform in a school play tonight!  He is very excited and so am I!  I am linking up to Freshly Pieced this week.   I can't wait to see what everyone else is working on.  


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. I have thought numerous times to start a leaders and enders but never do -

    ReplyDelete
  2. That squirrel pattern is making head spin just looking at it! It should be amazing when you finish it up. Will be checking in for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...