Monday, June 10, 2013

Errors, Errors and more Errors

Untitled

I finally finished part 3 of Lazy Sunday Mystery.  It took me a lot longer than I thought it would.  Perhaps if I didn't make 300 errors it would have been better.  I was listening to an audio book while I was sewing and was so very close to finishing it.  I was listening to The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.  It is part of the Wheel of time series.  Anyway, I was very intently listening to the last two hours of the book and I realized a bit too late that I had sewn every single block the same.  So instead of two piles of 78, I had one pile of 156 all with the same orientation.  Luckily that was after sewing only one of the white squares on and not both.  But at this point I had already trimmed that corner and there was no saving my mistakes.


Untitled

This is my sad abandoned pile of squares.  The good news is that I can trim the ends off and end up with 2 1/2" half square triangles.  I think I am going to use these to make a pillow or pillowcase to match the quilt.

And to top that off after I cut 78 more rectangles and white squares I proceeded to sew another 20 or so wrong again.  But this time all I had to do was unstitch.  Sigh.  But I finished my book and it was amazing.  I already downloaded the second one and started that as well.  Do any of you listen to audiobooks while you sew?


Untitled

I also picked out fabrics for my next project.  I don't really need another but there is a quilt along over at Quilting Gallery that I really wanted to join.  It's called Aiming for Accuracy.  It looks like a fun quilt and I owe my son one since I am pretty sure my Lazy Sunday is going on my daughter's bed.  He picked out orange and blue and I am going to use black for the background.  There are a couple colors in there I might pull out but we will see how it goes.  I needed 24 fat quarters but most of these are half yard cuts.  I think I am going to duplicate some colors.  I have been collecting fabrics for a quilt for him for awhile and I don't want to buy any more.  Click the banner below if you want to check out the quilt along.  

Aiming for Accuracy Quilt-Along

This week I am linking up to What a Hoot Quilts.

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Ugh- I hate when I make mistakes like that. It's so frustrating. And, the quilt along looks like a lot of fun. I like the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - not fun at all to do a whole series wrong! Great plan for salvaging the cast-offs, though. I'm an avid reader - books are AWESOME - but I actually prefer peace and quiet while I'm sewing/quilting. Years ago I always had to have music or an audio book playing most of the day. I think 8 years of being a band parent for excellent marching and symphonic programs that lasted all year long did me in for sounds, though. Maybe after a few more years of quietude I'll be ready again for audio input while working. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH!! I so hate it when I do things like that (and I do). Nothing much to do about it besides get moving on fixing it right! Sounds like you have and things will be back on track asap.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...